How to Lock your Container Correctly and Securely
It’s important to make sure your shipping container is kept locked and secure, particularly if you are using it to store equipment, chemicals or supplies. Cargostore supply super heavy duty padlocks designed especially for shipping containers.
A standard shipping container door is fitted with two vertical lock rods to enable opening, closing and locking of the doors.
How to close and lock your doors
- Start by closing the left-hand door
- Make sure the locking bars go into their locking keepers at the top and bottom of the container
- Engage the cams and keepers and then twist both handles
- Put the handles into the mounts and close the locking lapses
- Repeat the process with the right hand door
- Slide the shackle of your lock closed on the locking bar to secure
- You should now not be able to turn or open the locking bar
Locking the container with a lock box
For extra security, Cargostore also supply container lock boxes, designed to stop thieves cutting padlocks. Our padlocks fit perfectly inside a lock box.
- Follow the process above to close both doors
- Align the lock with the loop inside the enclosed lock box and slide the shackle closed
Cargostore had a great time at ADIPEC 2019, our busiest and biggest conference yet.