DNV Half Height Containers
Offshore Half Height containers are low profile units ideal for quickly moving smaller cargo in bulk. Cargostore supplies a variety of unit sizes and weight bearing capabilities.
Email us at email@example.com
What Is A Half-Height Container Best Used For?
Half-height containers (CCUs) are ideal for small but heavy cargos: pipes, tools, chains, anchors and hooks for the offshore oil/gas and wind energy sectors.
For prolonged offshore duties, half-heights should meet the DNV standard: That means:
- DNV 2.7-1 (and EN 12079)
- DNV 2.7-3 for half-heights with a maximum gross weight of >25,000kg (with ISO 1496 CSC approval also possible).
How Tall Is A Half-Height Container?
Half-height containers vary in height, based on length. Cargostore 10ft, 20ft and 24ft DNV half-heights are all 4ft 2in (1.27m) external height and 3ft 3in (0.99m) internal height.
Cargostore 16ft DNV half-heights are 4ft 4in (1.32m) external height and 3ft 7in (1.09m) internal height.
These specifications are purely indicative. Individual container heights may differ.
Half-Height Containers’ Dimensions (External)
Cargostore DNV half-height containers’ external dimensions:
- 10ft container – 10ft (3.05m) x 8ft (2.44m) x 4ft 2in (1.27m)
- 16ft container – 15ft 10in (4.83m) x 8ft (2.44m) x 4ft 4in (1.32m)
- 20ft container – 20ft (6.10m) x 8ft (2.44m) x 4ft 2in (1.27m)
- 24ft container – 24ft (7.32m) x 8ft (2.44m) x 4ft 2in (1.27m).
Dimensions are indicative. Individual containers may differ.
20ft Half-Height Container Dimensions
Cargostore’s 20ft DNV half-height containers have the same external dimensions, regardless of maximum payload: 20ft x 8ft x 4ft 2in (6.10m x 2.44m x 1.27m).
But the containers’ internal dimensions become smaller as their walls are strengthened to handle heavier tonnages. Cubic capacities drop from 432ft³ (12.23m³) to 381ft³ (10.78m³) as the payload increases.
20ft Half-Height Container Weight
The weight of 20ft DNV half-height containers differs, depending on the maximum payload being transported:
- 10-tonne payload – tare weight 5,240lbs (2,377kg), max gross weight for offshore 27,290lbs (12,379kg)
- 13-tonne payload – tare weight 6,390lbs (2,898kg), max gross weight for offshore 35,270lbs (15,998kg)
- 16-tonne payload – tare weight 7,450lbs (3,379), max gross weight for offshore 42,750 (19,391kg).