DNV Half Height Containers
Offshore Half Height containers are low profile units ideal for quickly moving smaller cargo in bulk. Cargostore supplies a variety of unit sizes and weight bearing capabilities.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Is A Half-Height Container Best Used For?
Half-height containers (CCUs) are ideal for small but heavy cargos: pipes, tools, chains, anchors and hooks for the offshore oil/gas and wind energy sectors.
For prolonged offshore duties, half-heights should meet the DNV standard: That means:
- DNV 2.7-1 (and EN 12079)
- DNV 2.7-3 for half-heights with a maximum gross weight of >25,000kg (with ISO 1496 CSC approval also possible).
How Tall Is A Half-Height Container?
Half-height containers vary in height, based on length. Cargostore 10ft, 20ft and 24ft DNV half-heights are all 4ft 2in (1.27m) external height and 3ft 3in (0.99m) internal height.
Cargostore 16ft DNV half-heights are 4ft 4in (1.32m) external height and 3ft 7in (1.09m) internal height.
These specifications are purely indicative. Individual container heights may differ.
Half-Height Containers’ Dimensions (External)
Cargostore DNV half-height containers’ external dimensions:
- 10ft container – 10ft (3.05m) x 8ft (2.44m) x 4ft 2in (1.27m)
- 16ft container – 15ft 10in (4.83m) x 8ft (2.44m) x 4ft 4in (1.32m)
- 20ft container – 20ft (6.10m) x 8ft (2.44m) x 4ft 2in (1.27m)
- 24ft container – 24ft (7.32m) x 8ft (2.44m) x 4ft 2in (1.27m).
Dimensions are indicative. Individual containers may differ.
20ft Half-Height Container Dimensions
Cargostore’s 20ft DNV half-height containers have the same external dimensions, regardless of maximum payload: 20ft x 8ft x 4ft 2in (6.10m x 2.44m x 1.27m).
But the containers’ internal dimensions become smaller as their walls are strengthened to handle heavier tonnages. Cubic capacities drop from 432ft³ (12.23m³) to 381ft³ (10.78m³) as the payload increases.
20ft Half-Height Container Weight
The weight of 20ft DNV half-height containers differs, depending on the maximum payload being transported:
- 10-tonne payload – tare weight 5,240lbs (2,377kg), max gross weight for offshore 27,290lbs (12,379kg)
- 13-tonne payload – tare weight 6,390lbs (2,898kg), max gross weight for offshore 35,270lbs (15,998kg)
- 16-tonne payload – tare weight 7,450lbs (3,379), max gross weight for offshore 42,750 (19,391kg).
Contact Cargostore Worldwide today to discuss how we can support your offshore project with our wide range of DNV Offshore Containers. Email us at email@example.com or call +44 (0) 208 879 1900